Hi all!

Lua 5.1.4. manual says:

"As a convention, names starting with an underscore followed by uppercase letters (such as _VERSION) are reserved for internal global variables used by Lua."

I have three doubts about that sentence:

1.Are the reserved names all those with an underscore followed by _ALL_ uppercase letters? I.e. is for example _Version to be considered reserved?

2. Is the underscore itself to be considered an uppercase letter? I.e. is __VERSION (two underscores at the beginning) to be considered reserved?

3. The sentence makes an explicit reference to the global scope. Does this mean that I'm free to use mytable._VERSION without violating the convention?

thanks

-- Lorenzo