On Apr 8, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Robert G. Jakabosky wrote:

> On Friday 08, C++ RTMP Server wrote:
>> Bottom line:
>> Is there any lua api for further describe a LUA_TFUNCTION in greater
>> detail? (parameters count, types, return type, etc)? Even if I have only
>> parameters count is still better than nothing.
>
> No, there is no way to get that info with the Lua C API.
>
> Also function parameters have no type and there is no return type for a
> function.
>
> Why are you trying to validate the parameters of a function?
Because is better to be safe than sorry :)
I'm not saying that the server will crash, but having a warning is a nice thing. At least count the parameters.
Is not a show-stopper not to have this functionality. I was just wondering ...

> Remember Lua is a dynamic language, don't try to enforce static typing.
I know that, but is going to be embedded into a C/C++ server as a place for handling events, not as a fire-and-forget lua application.

> --
> Robert G. Jakabosky

------
Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie