Hi,

Has anyone worked with shapefiles [1] or shapelib [2] with Lua?  I'm going to have to so I thought I'd ask before I start from the beginning.

(Cave-dwellers, pedants and hijackers: shapefiles are one of the data formats supported by ESRI ArcGIS [3], a Geographic Information System.  I don't know a lot more about it at this stage, except that it's a binary file format and to keep things fun it switches endianess of numbers between the file header and the records in the file)

Cheers,
Geoff

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapefile
[2] http://shapelib.maptools.org/