Hello,

I'm Andrei and I have an opensource project called crtmpserver. This project is actually a ultra-portable networking platform which also has extensive streaming capabilities. More details here: http://www.rtmpd.com

I've been using lua from with this project from its day 1 but only for the config file. Extremely capable and flexible approach! "Lua is powerful" is an understatement when it comes to portability :)

Now, I also want o take this to a totally new level: make lua as the primary scripting language for the server. Just like FMS has ActionScript (a form of JS), I would like crtmpserver to have lua.

I written this email to you guys for 2 reasons:

1. Make you aware of yet-another-project which is using lua and thank you for this wonderful language
2. Ask you to provide me with some best-practices information (like links). Here is a little sample of the kind of info I would need:

Suppose I have to provide lua with a C/C++ impl of a ListFolder function. What would be the "desired" return form? Table? Or multiple values return?
Both of them work just fine, but I'm interested in what would be the most intuitive way for lua programmers?

Best regards
------
Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie
Web: http://www.rtmpd.com