> We had a long discussion on this about three months ago, which
> was moved off-list when Roberto said please stop.  So maybe this
> time we can stop before that happens again.

Ohh :( Why not pester Roberto and restart discussing # again?! :p

For the ones new, the whole "# on arrays with holes" has become "issue
non grata", alone mentioning it angers people, and in the meantime I
belong to that! And this I suppose is common to all groups. Although
due to very different reasons, be it being bored for tons of messages
about it on the list, or the behavior of # itself, or the feeling its
not newbie-friendly and should be, or being critized for what was
believed to be a genius solution.