On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Mike Pall <mikelu-1103@mike.de> wrote:
> http://luajit.org/ext_ffi_semantics.html#status

>  The following operations are currently not compiled and may
>  exhibit suboptimal performance, especially when used in inner
>  loops:
>
>  * Array/struct copies and bulk initializations.
>
>> Did I mess something up or what's going on here?
>
> Nope, I didn't get around to implement it, yet. Send a patch. :-)

Ah, OK, I missed that.  I imagine it's not such as easy task if it
hasn't been done already so I'll be patient; I don't know anything
about JIT compiler internals.

LuaJIT is looking very, very nice though.  I consider it one of the
best software projects in existence.  For certain algorithms I'm even
calling into LuaJIT so that I can get more performance than what I can
get in C/C++, that's really impressive.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM, CrazyButcher <crazybutcher@luxinia.de> wrote:
> for the record there is also ffi.copy

Yes I tried that but it runs even slower than the slow assignment method.

CR