On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/29/2011 9:13 AM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
Recent discussion about module() function reminded me of a question I
wanted to ask for some time.

I keep stumbling upon or hearing about a plethora of hacks that people
do to reuse LuaDoc for their code. (I, myself, never tried to use it
actually — being scared off by all these hacks.)

So, I have a question: why hack around and why not to fix the tool (or
write a new one for that matter)?

I've been wondering too... add Lua support to Doxygen and everyone gets easy access to a mature and widely-available documentation tool. Have anyone tried going the Doxygen route?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)

Doxygen is also large and cumbersome.

Since Lua is so dynamic I don't think it lends itself to existing documentation systems. That's a purely arbitrary statement though, I'd be interested if somebody had actually tried this.