been working with a friend on wxLua-based IDE for quite some while, it
is mostly tailored to custom needs, has argument/function tips and
partially working completion based on api files

all binaries are only for win32, but in theory it's all lua plugins
http://www.luxinia.de/index.php/Estrela/Estrela