On 14 March 2011 02:57, Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelz.ro> wrote:
Things that are implementation defined tend to be undefined in the standard...

On Mar 13, 2011, at 9:43 PM, liam mail wrote:

On 14 March 2011 00:57, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> And even C does relative including - by using quotes:
>
>     #include "foo.h"
>
> This would search for a file named "foo.h" in the same directory the
> sourcefile lies

I think this is actually *undefined* in the C standard.

It is implementation defined not undefined.

Liam

Rob I am sorry that is totally incorrect, undefined and implementation defined have specific meanings in the standard and this instance it is implementation defined. Maybe it would be better if I add a quote.

C99
6.10.2

2 A preprocessing directive of the form
# include <h-char-sequence> new-line
searches a sequence of implementation-defined places for a header identified uniquely by the specified sequence between the < and > delimiters,

3 A preprocessing directive of the form
# include "q-char-sequence" new-line
causes the replacement of that directive by the entire contents of the source file identified by the specified sequence between the " delimiters. The named source file is searched for in an implementation-defined manner.