> yes, it's serious, but note that it only happens with hardcoded
> constants.  if you do the same operations on variables (as would be on
> any real program) you get the correct results.

Thanks for the feedback and the patch.

For me, the problem actually _did_ occur in a real program.

In that program, I have now replaced

    local outcome = (<complex_condition>) and true or false

by

    local outcome
    if <complex_condition> then
        outcome = true
    else
        outcome = false
    end

<commplex_condition> must be forced into boolean domain (true, false), as this is required for further processing by the program. Is there a more elegant way to do this?