On 3/11/2011 1:09 PM, Reuben Thomas wrote:
On 11 March 2011 11:08, Dimiter "malkia" Stanev<malkia@gmail.com>  wrote:

I went a bit further in that direction, and rewrote the curses/posix
bindings in LuaJIT FFI. Not full bindings, just the one needed by the
current editor. I just wanted to see how one can go without the standard lua
bindings.

So I've got it working 32-bit, 64-bit on my Mac OS X 10.6.6, with two little
changes in the project to run with luajit.

That's amazing! I will look at this when I can, because that's exactly
what I want to do.

Thanks!

I've got it to run on Windows using the PDCurses "C" library, later I would probably think of directly using ConsoleBuffer functions (if that's needed that is).

I really like the Defun{ } style with builtin doc, reminds of Common Lisp :)

Actually I always wanted to write console based editor in lua, to extend later to a debugger, and this is perfect.

I'm using Emacs (Vista), and Aquamacs (Mac OS X) more and more, so this really helps (and lua-mode and lua2-mode - haven't decided on which on to stick).

I wish there was something like slime (swank controller + slime debugging for Common Lisp), but I'm not even sure whether it's possible.

Lua does not allow forward function declarations, and I cannot recompile just a function (or maybe there is a trick).

But lua and luajit are way smaller (and last one faster) - so that's a big plus there :)