Hi Petr,

> Good morning,
> I didn't think of strace, thanks. But I still don't know what is going on.

Half the time strace doesn't get me any further either, but you never
know, it was worth a shot :-). From the strace/truss listings you gave I
can't tell anything is wrong either.

> Could anyone try for me the following code for me on some other
> platform then Windows/Solaris? I would like to know if it is Solaris
> specific problem.

The code works fine on my Linux laptop:

$ lua lanes.lua
200
Killed 1 lane(s) at process end.
$ uname -a
Linux laptop 2.6.32-29-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 11 19:00:09 UTC
2011 i686 GNU/Linux

So it looks like this is indeed a Solaris specific issue. You might
consider trying a different threading library like luaproc to see if
that changes anything. I'm not saying you should switch threading
libraries but it might give you a hint as to what is going wrong with
regards to luasocket + lanes.

 - Peter Odding