On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 23:58 +0100, Andrew Yourtchenko wrote:
> http://mcpp.sourceforge.net/ seems to have a suitable license.

You could also try RPP [1], that we use in Lqt as a part of cpptoxml.
It is licensed under GPLv2, however, I have not seen an official project
for that yet (it was/is? used internally in Qt).

[1] https://github.com/mkottman/lqt/tree/master/cpptoxml/parser/rpp

> (Also for fun I've started to implement it as a Lua-only primitive -
> https://github.com/ayourtch/luajit-fun/tree/master/cpp; but it is
> pretty ugly code/dysfunctional at the moment, but can already do
> simple substitutions).

Are you sure you want to do everything "by hand"? :) I am sure LPeg
would be a great help here, and the source would be certainly shorter.
But I admire your motivation ;)