On 22 Feb 2011, at 11:11, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
So far, continuations seem safer to me, as they always re-construct a
functional stack, leaves no variables unasigned. In that way I see
them more restricted. You can only continue (back) to a point in the
code/stack where it already was, while a goto can jump around
arbitrarily. And in other languages damage the stack when done
wrongly.

Since 'goto' is a static construct I believe such kind of problems can be identified during compilation and result in compilation errors, thus 'goto' should be perfectly safe if implemented correctly, although somewhat restricted when compared to continuations.

--
Renato Maia
Computer Scientist