> Yuck. This is a mis-feature of Java that I absolutely hate. This alone
> would kill the idea for me; I prefer to type less, not more.

I agree that concise code, if well done, is better to grasp than
longer one. Its a fine line between concise and gibberish tough. But
to go with the (in)famous saying: if typing speed is a bottleneck in
your development, your are doing something seriously wrong. In my
opinion, at least for the years I observed, just far too many
otherwise nice languages have been brought to it knees by these "lets
omit this and that and that also ideas"