Mike Pall, 12.02.2011 17:25:
Stefan Behnel wrote:
 From the current documentation at

http://luajit.org/ext_ffi.html

which is more tutorial style than a reference, I cannot see how such
a runtime cast would be supported.

Quoting, emphasis mine:

   "This page gives a short introduction to the usage of the FFI
   library. PLEASE USE THE FFI SUB-TOPICS IN THE NAVIGATION BAR TO
   LEARN MORE."

Please tell me what's unclear about this sentence.

Well, the content of that sentence isn't the problem. Its placement is.

Maybe it would help if the "sub-topics" actually *were* sub-topics, i.e. if there was a topic "FFI", instead of several more or less unrelated topics at the same level.

But I must admit that I didn't even look at the menu. A page titled "FFI library" without any links in the text feels like a stand-alone page, not so much as an intro to a larger part of a web site. You may want to add some visible links to the relevant pages, rather than hiding a textual reference in a tiny paragraph that's easy to miss. That's not how the web works.

I'll give it a look. Thanks a lot for the pointers so far.

Stefan