On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:31:00PM +0200, Xavier Wang wrote:
>     for x in map(tonumber, string.gmatch(line, "%s*(%S+)")) do
> you can implement map easily -- but notice when the second argument is
> function, now you may treat it as a iterator.

I grant that implicit conversion is not necessary.
I grant, too, that some people prefer not using the feature.

I ask you to grant that:
    1. People who do not use the feature are not in any way affected
        by whether it is available or not.
    2. People who do use the feature will be inconvenienced it it
        is taken out of Lua.

Dirk