Hello, the names Tim. I am a high school student, and has become interested in Lua.
I was introduced to it from a game I found for a Sandbox simulation, call Rigidchips.
Official page,
http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~takeya04/softwareE.html
Wiki, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RigidChips) or (http://rigidchips.wikia.com/wiki/RigidChips)

The simulation is yet to reach popularity and to be complete (V1.5 B26)
I ask the forums (http://rigidchips.forum-motion.com/t180-question-of-where-to-start) on where to start I and was directed to lua-user.org

I have no idea on where to start and is needing to be pointed in the right direction to learn step by step.
There are books I am able buy, though I'm looking for an Lua User's perspective on where to start or if I should just buy the books.

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely Tim