miles> Hmm, a new category: tough typing!

steve> I think Miles is right, we also need 'tough typing'. No implicit
steve> conversions, explicit casts, no implicit subtype assignment, etc.
steve> Generally it makes an excellent technical research topic and is a
steve> really tough sell to actual programmers.
steve>
steve> True weak typing is assembler; that register just contains bits.

If you ever plan to write a paper on "tough typing", count me in :-)

cool sounding title would be "touch typing, thought typing, tough
typing! An Analysis of t-typing types"