On 02/09/2011 01:42 PM, Luis Gabriel Viciedo Caraballoso wrote:
Hi:
The University of Information Sciences in Havana, organized every year
in Julysummer courses, involving academics from around the country. The
workshop would be interesting in this context, because there is
practically a small group of programmers Lua and it is important to
expose the potential of this language by experts, for the entire Cuban
academic community and the rest of world can join.

I can't say I'm an expert on customs issues, but the US does have an embargo with Cuba. As far as I can tell, any American citizens who travel to Cuba would not be allowed to conduct financial transactions there of any kind. That would be...inconvenient, to say the least.

(Of course, I'm not sure how many Americans would be willing to travel to LW2011 in another country regardless of embargo issues. I know I couldn't. Just something to think about.)
--
Regards, Matthew Frazier