>>> 1. Does this incorporate the new lua2-mode?
>>> http://www.enyo.de/fw/software/lua-emacs/lua2-mode.html
>>
>> Is "lua2-mode" also an Emacs lua mode, or is it something else?
>
> The basic functionality comes from lua-mode, it just changes faces
> using overlays.

Does it really use overlays?  They can be _much_ less efficient than
text properties when used in large numbers... (so it's not recommended
to use them for typical syntax-highlighting type uses)

I'm kind of confused what to do about lua-mode...

I'd like to get something integrated into the Emacs distribution, but
when I talked to one of the lua-mode authors before, he indicated he
wanted to completely rewrite it, etc, ... but he's since disappeared,
and my pings have gone unanswered.

-Miles

Z!