[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] eLua v0.8 released
- From: Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.marinescu@...>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 18:56:56 +0200
We are proud to annunce the release of eLua v0.8
eLua is an effort to expand the presence of the Lua programming
language in the embedded world, especially on microcontroller-based
platforms. It is meant to be a complete MCU development environment.
It currently runs on a number of ARM variants (including Cortex-M3),
AVR32 (and i386 as a proof of concept).
The main changes from v0.7 are:
* Added the RFS (Remote File System), a new file system which allows
sharing a directory on the PC with the eLua board.
* Added a serial multiplexer which allows using more virtual serial
ports over a single physical UART connection.
* Added Lua and C interrupt handlers support.
* Added linenoise support (eLua and Lua shell command line history
* Added generic I2C support and docs
* Added hardware flow control and runtime configurable buffers for UARTs.
* Added support for new boards: mbed, EVK-1101, Mizar32, EK-LM3S1968
* Added SPI and SD/MMC support for EVK1100 and EVK1101 (AVR32)
* Added I2C support for STR-E912 (STR912)
* Added support for require() and autorun from SD/MMC
* Added external memory support for STR912
* Added long filename support for SD/MMC
* Added version() function to elua module
* Added RTC (real time clock) platform specific support for str9
* Added support for AsciiDoc in the doc builder
* Tutorials and new projects added to the eLua User Labs wiki
* Demo files were moved out of the distro to
* Added a 'media' page with eLua related media on the project site
The main eLua resources are:
* Main site: http://www.eluaproject.net
* eLua wiki: http://wiki.eluaproject.net
* Mail list: https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/elua-dev
* Web builder: http://builder.eluaproject.net
* Issue tracker: http://tracker.eluaproject.net
* Other: http://www.eluaproject.net/en_comunity.html