I always thought that learning something new was the point of learning
a new language!

And being 'uncomfortable' is a side-effect of dealing with the new

If learning a new programming language doesn't make you uncomfortable here and there then I don't think you're really learning something new, just another syntax for the same concepts. That is to say I agree with you and experienced this myself when learning Lua, but this initial resistance is what motivated me to dive deeper into Lua and I haven't regretted this once since then!

 - Peter Odding