Mike,

Seems to work for me!  You have my sympathy / gratitude. :P  You rock.

Now there's just the callback situation -- I thought Objective-C's message-passing would insulate me, that I could have one C function that would be the implementation of every selector I need to implement, and I could do my own dispatching.  However, it seems that calling conventions still apply through the msgSend wrapper, so I'm not sure how to avoid having multiple C forwarders for different function types.  Perhaps I just have to wait for FFI to get callbacks to clean up that part of my code.

Thanks,
David

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Mike Pall <mikelu-1101@mike.de> wrote:
David Greenspan wrote:
> Speaking of the "small struct" rules, I'm running into an "NYI" issue with
> an API call that returns a 16-byte (two-pointer) struct.
>
> Is there a workaround to let me receive a "struct { void *a; void *b; }" by
> value on my 64-bit Mac?

There's no workaround. So I had to bite the bullet and implement
the full POSIX/x64 struct calling conventions. Ick. :-|

Anyway, please try again with git HEAD and report back. Thank you!

--Mike