Hallo,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is all so kinf of wierd just to circumvent continue? Whats so bad
> a plain continue?

     It's not general enough. Elegance and power in a programming
language is not achieved by piling feature on top of feature. Or,
borrowing from the Scheme language report:

"Programming languages should be designed not by piling feature on top
of feature, but by removing the weaknesses and restrictions that make
additional features appear necessary." - William Clinger

     The Lua authors have acknowledged Scheme's influence in Lua in
the past, as a matter of fact, that's what motivated me to learn
Scheme in the first place. So they probably want a small, elegant but
powerful language, and this cannot be achieved by simple adding the
features anybody asks for. David's proposal, which I like and
resembles Scheme's named let, on the other hand, is more general and
more powerful.

--
-alex
http://www.artisancoder.com/