On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:20 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> any content of metatables? My guess that newbies are so freightened
>> from metas is just exactly the __syntax.
>
> Hm, I don't think newbies should worry themselves about metatables.
> They are a subtle concept and the underscores are the least part.

Personally, I do agree with that view.
I'd also like to note, that AFAI remember, Python does also give some
sematic meaning to a double-underscore prefix (I think that's for
private fields in a class, and their names are internally suffixed
with something special in such a case). So there are at least two
members in this club.

greetings
Mateusz Czapliński