But it uses more lines!
"I'm a better code than you cause I did the same thing with less lines"!
That's why source code comments are also to be added only where they absolutely must be. Function headers are evil cause they make more lines!

I don't know how many times I've argued and soon got verbal  commitment the measurement for complexity/efficiency should be if tokens and never lines. But subconsciousply this brute view of "Have to reduce lines" mantra still is effective.