On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Zed Shaw <zed.shaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Announcing LuaRocks 2.0.4.1:
>
> Awesome. Love it.
>
>> This is a minor bugfix release, fixing problems reported with LuaRocks
>> 2.0.4 (see the GitHub logs for detailed history). Upgrade is
>> recommended, especially for those who installed version 2.0.4.
>
> I haven't had time to report it, but have you permanently added -fPIC
> to all .so builds on POSIX platforms?  I seem to have to tell people
> to add this to their /etc/luarocks/config.lua all the time.

For all rocks compiled directly by LuaRocks, yes. There are some
rockspecs that use the upstream Makefiles. If they honor CFLAGS they
should inherit -fPIC as well, but I can't guarantee that all of them
do -- fixes are welcome whenever anyone bumps into any of them
(preferrably to the upstream devs, so that everyone benefits).

-- Hisham