> Then you don't read the Scala mailing lists. They even have one
> (scala-debate) for such discussions!

Nur the ruby list where language design decissions are taken by public
vote! Not that I advocate this, but just as comparison you seem to
compare the Lua list with C++ or Java.

> Lua is not perfect, nothing ever is, but it is a darn sight closer
> to being perfect than C??, P???, P?????, R???, J??? or whatever your
> old love was.

This is not true, you cannot meassure any language without arguing for
which cause. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Instead of taking
anything absolute, pick the right language for the right job please.