On Sunday 23 January 2011 03:53:38 Everett L Williams II wrote:

> If anybody ever made a case for a continue statement, you just did.
> However cute your technique, it is certainly not straightforward, and it
> resembles the old saw about using a sledgehammer to chase a mouse.
>
> Everett L.(Rett) Williams II

Besides making a case for a continue statement, writing that code showed me
first hand just how easy callbacks are in Lua. Back in C I'd do almost
anything to avoid a callback. Perl wasn't much better. In both languages the
syntax ALWAYS tripped me up. Here in Lua, it's as easy as falling off a log.

So if nothing else, this exercise is going to start me thinking of problems
that can be solved with callbacks.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package