On 17 January 2011 10:19, Ed <spied@yandex.ru> wrote:
> On 01/16/11 19:10, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>
>> On 16 January 2011 09:27, Marc Balmer<marc@msys.ch>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, it looks like we suddenly have an abundance of interfaces to
>>> PostgreSQL ;)  Having a choice is always a good thing.
>>>

>> Heh. Prosody is now using http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/ ;)
>
> Why it is better, than LuaSQL?

Yes, LuaDBI supports prepared statements[1] for all the databases we
wanted Prosody to support. LuaSQL doesn't even have a documented way
to use escape data appropriately for the target DB engine (!).

The LuaDBI author was also very responsive to bug reports, which is a
major factor in choosing dependencies for us (this is not a comparison
to LuaSQL - I saw multiple requests for prepared statements on the
Kepler ML and didn't attempt contact myself).

Regards,
Matthew

[1]: If you aren't familiar with prepared statements:
http://php.net/manual/en/pdo.prepared-statements.php and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepared_statements#Parameterized_statements
should explain the concept.