On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Mike Pall <mikelu-1101@mike.de> wrote:
The alternative is to explicitly disallow cdata as table keys. But
this is quite useful for aggregate cdata (arrays, structs),
because their addresses are unique. And checking for scalar cdata
is kind of expensive in that code path, so I'd rather not do it.

Please add a compile option to prevent any cdata values from being used as an index value for a table.  I can certainly see the benefit of doing it in some cases, but for me I'd rather have the option of just turning it off completely to avoid any confusion