On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 21:06, Peter Odding <peter@peterodding.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Here's some fun distraction from the recent threads about holes in tables
> and the definition of nil :-)
>
> I've just published the first release of LXSH, a library of lexers and
> syntax highlighters for Lua and C source code. The syntax highlighters
> generate HTML designed to be easily embedded in web pages, support three
> color schemes out of the box and transform standard library identifiers into
> documentation hyper links.
>
> For installation instructions (including a rockspec) and downloads please
> see the homepage [1] or GitHub project [2]. If you're curious what the
> generated HTML looks like please see the introductory paragraph on the
> homepage or GitHub project page for examples.
>
> Enjoy!
>
>  - Peter Odding
>
> PS. I've published this library in response to the recent thread "Simple
> syntax coloring code" [3]. I don't think the topic starter is okay with the
> LPeg dependency but decided to publish LXSH either way.
>
> [1] http://peterodding.com/code/lua/lxsh/
> [2] https://github.com/xolox/lua-lxsh
> [3] http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2011-01/msg00389.html

Hi Peter,

This is a very nice initiative, thanks a lot. I was wondering when
some Lua/LPeg guru would make the first move (maybe I overlooked some
projects, no harm intended).

If I may, can I suggest to use separate stylesheets instead of
embedding the css inline and using '<span class="identifier">' and
such? That would be easier for people to provide themes, even if they
don't know Lua but only CSS.

Best regards.

-- Cédric