Let's hope Lua never attracts the popularity, evangelism and noise that Ruby (or should I say Rails?) has attracted in the past years. Popularity is fine per se, but it usually attracts lots of people looking for immediate celebrity and throwing out me-too projects that end up being abandonware.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:42 AM, kevin beckford <chiggsy@lazyweb.ca> wrote:
> hum; above _javascript_?  doesn't seem too much rooted in reality.

_javascript_, is not what it loved.  V8 is what is loved.  There is a
reason that coffeescript, pyjamas, emscriptem et al all exist.  It is
not for the love of _javascript_.