Hi all,

I’m not sure I understand the 5.1 documentation so can someone verify the following for me?

I’d like to read a Lua script, compile it with lua_load(), and then have it around to re-use in any number of future states.  So I create a first lua_State handle, compile the script with lua_load(), then use lua_dump() to get the compiled version back out and discard this lua_State.

Then for each future lua_State I create, use lua_load() but this time pass the output of lua_dump() as its input, and then use lua_pcall() to execute it.

Does that sound right?

Thanks,

-MSK