Hi everyone,

I would like to announce lua-git2 [1] which provides Lua bindings for the
LibGit2 library [2].

A sort description LibGit2:
libgit2 is a portable, pure C implementation of the Git core methods provided
as a re-entrant linkable library with a solid API, allowing you to write
native speed custom Git applications in any language which supports C
bindings.  **And now with Lua bindings ;)

There is an example script [3] that shows how to use the library.  That script
is a little messy since I just hacked it out to test out the API.

These bindings where created using a bindings generator I created and am
making publicly available [4].  The bindings generator was written to help
create bindings for a private project that is written in pure C and none of
the existing bindings generators (like swig, and NO to all the C++ based
binders) would produce Lua interface like I wanted.  Basically I wanted Lua
objects that mapped cleanly to my C objects.

You can install lua-git2 using LuaRocks:
curl -O "https://github.com/Neopallium/luagit2/raw/master/lua-git2-scm-0.rockspec";
luarocks install lua-git2-scm-0.rockspec

The project has a pre-generated bindings file, so you don't need to install
the bindings generate to compile/install lua-git2.

The bindings should cover the full LibGit2 API, if you find any missing
functions or bugs let me know.

1. https://github.com/Neopallium/luagit2
2. http://libgit2.github.com/
3. https://github.com/Neopallium/luagit2/blob/master/test_rep.lua