Wikis are user maintained.  You are in charge ;)

I understand that. But the site is locked and I don't see a way of
becoming a user that can edit the page in question. I set my
preferences on the site, but that does not allow me to edit pages.

I noticed the same thing today. I think the lua-users wiki has been locked because of some very childish vandalism on certain user's pages. I suppose it will be unlocked in a a few days, assuming the vandals don't reappear :-(

 - Peter Odding