On 1/3/2011 9:05 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 15:40, Richard Hundt wrote:
There was some discussion a while ago about implementing data serialization
using Lua's bytecode format:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/EngramProposal

I've gone ahead and implemented it in Lua:

https://github.com/richardhundt/lua-engram

You should warn your library users that it is not safe to load such
data if it comes from untrusted source. Also it is not compatible with
LuaJIT.

Okay, the following is going to be unpopular with some, but:

IMHO, sometimes we have to ease off with this kind of "warnings and disclaimers" pedantry...

How many of 'em disclaimers do we need before we've covered everything? We should not feel responsible for every little thing an unknown party might do -- it's entirely their problem.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)