On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 08:38, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Henning Diedrich <hd2010@eonblast.com> wrote:

> I know LuaRocks is
> not as widely used as it could be [1] but it handles the dependency
> and the delivery problems well.

> [1] It would be interesting to look at the bad experiences people have
> had with LuaRocks, or reasons for general resistance.

I posted a list of issues on the LR ML lately:

http://lists.luaforge.net/pipermail/luarocks-developers/2010-December/002188.html

Most important: lack of "luarocks update" command, the issue with one
being able to accidentally install two versions of the same rock and
no sane way to control which one gets used.

In my opinion, LR needs polishing. It is definitely usable now, and
I'm using it in production, but I have to fight against it sometimes.
Hisham is really helpful, but a single person can only do so much, no
matter how brilliant and helpful he is.

Alexander.