Am 31.12.2010 14:22, schrieb Hans van der Meer:
In Lua 5.1.4 I am measuring time like this on my MacOSX 10.6.5 running hexacore MacPro without much other activity:
::::
idea what is happening here?

I do not think this is a difference between actual computation time and clock time, the machine certainly is too powerfull to spent so much time in overhead.
Take a look at http://lua-users.org/wiki/HiResTimer
There was a discussion about how to get a high resolution timer on Windows/Linux. Since MacOSX is pretty near Linux, maybe socket.gettime() could be your saviour.
Regards, Jørgen
PS: You could add your MacOSX-Results there to complete the comparison