On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM, David J. Slate <dslate@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> The problem with my idea is not that it clutters up the language, but
> that it requires another internal representation of a certain kind of
> array, and it may simply not be worth the effort to write the code to
> deal with this representation.

It's not generally a good idea to modify the internals of Lua to
account for a another special case. Because _everybody_ has a special
case that would just be so cool to have in the language. Standard bit
operations were enough of a nag point that the decision was made to
implement them, and even then blood was spilled in the process.

Why can't it be a library?  It would be just as efficient.

steve d.