On 12/30/2010 1:56 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
All the trouble people have with the table length function and
the table library, well over 100 posts by now, come down to one
thing, and one thing only:

     The functions designed for use on tables without holes
     don't actually give an error message when applied to
     tables with holes.

Now it is very Lua-like to treat a programmer as a responsible
adult, but perhaps just a tiny bit of supervision may be useful.
[snip]

Then they will forget to check for virginity and complain very loudly on this list why the table is not a virgin. Ha ha ha. :-) :-) Beginning to sound like a Richard Branson gimmick. :-p

Nay, people need to put in the hours to get the experience. No such thing as an expert who didn't invest in the time and effort.

Put it another way: How much nanny supervision do we need before we make everyone happy? Impossible to please everyone these days... the other side has to do some leg work too.

[Just "IMHO" opinions, I do think you should keep the ideas flowing, I have no problems with that :-)]

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)