Hi,

  I have a set of scripts written in lua. For their "communication", I serialize state to files blah_xyz_timestamp such that

local data = "">
  brings the state back.

  Now, problem is
(1) I have lots and lots of these serialized data (> 10K files)
(2) I want to have meta-tags attached to each file blah_xyz_timestamp ... that don't nicely fit into an object filename

  So basically, what I really want -- is a database ... that stores seiralized lua data. (So I can do stuff like

SELECT * from DB where function(tag) return (tag.name == "hello") and (bar_func(tag.config)) end;

  [where for each object, I have a table associated with it that stores meta data, and I can select objects based on this meta data].

Now, my current solution ... is to stuff all this into MySQL ... but that seems inelegant. There ought to be a better solution. If you've dealt with something similar, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!