Hi:

I was experimenting a bit with Lanes and run into problems with it on OSX and Debian/Ubuntu.

When I execute make test (or one of the test with for instance make basic), it either hangs on OSX, or crashes with the following message on Linux:

threading.c 394: pthread_cond_destroy(ref) failed, 16 EBUSY

On OSX I had to play a bit with the lua makefile, and used the suggested way to compile from the lanes README.
On the Debian (64bit) box I added -fPIC to the flags, I think, and on Ubuntu the compilation seemed to 'just work'.

Is the error a know problem?

I used
http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/4754/lanes-2.0.9.tgz

And a fresh Lua 5.1.4.