After reading a bit about how to compile Lua as a library, it would
appear that compiling to a Shared Library has been discontinued due to
incompatibilities. But, I also noted that many of the library that I
would like to use (yeah, this is all about me...) just happen to all
compile to Shared Libraries... Two of these libraries include
'luasocket' and 'luahpdf'.

My question is "Is it easy to convert these projects from compiling a
Shared Library (.so) into ones that compile Dynamic Libraries (.a)?"

Mike