On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 17:18 +0100, Laurent Poujoulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a very successfull use of LUA in one of our projects, we wishes to
> use LUAJit to speed up processing.
> I have three questions about this:
> - Is the debug API supported in LUAJit ? (I understand that it is, but
> just want to be sure)
> - Do you think LuaJit version 2.0 is stable enough for production code ?
> - Is LuaJit compatible with LuaLanes (did someone tried ?)

This has been discussed lately (starting with
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2010-11/msg01129.html ), and the
conclusions were that:

- Lanes required lua_dump() to transfer functions to the new thread
- LuaJIT 2.0 does not support bytecode dumping

So this didn't work. Lanes has recently been modified to support
starting of new threads by compiling source string directly:

So go ahead and try Lanes 2.0.9, it should work in LuaJIT 2.0.