Hello Diego,

> Let me see if I understood this correctly. You want the connected
> socked returned by accept to be bound to a local address/port that you
> specify yourself? It sounds very silly that the the accepted socket
> would be bound to a different IP from the IP you were listening on.
> Is this common behavior?

Yes, on a Debian Lenny server at least.
As soon as i add IPs with "ip", prosody (written in Lua) starts to open ports on that additional IP - even if i used "bind <IP>" in the prosody configuration and the app correctly only listens on the configured IP.

> Can you send me the link to this "flag" you are talking about?

Sadly not, it was an option used within the source of "tinydns" and i had mistaken it for a general TCP/IP flag.

:-/
[ Wer angemelet ist erhält bei jedem Online Einkauf in über 850 Partnershops BARGELD direkt zurück auf`s Girokonto!
www.bonusdirekt.de - 10 EUR Startguthaben mit dem Gutschein-Code: UNICODE ]