Hi there !

I am writing the wrappers around Zeroconf (mdns) registration and
browser. How this works is that I have to register a callback in C and
whenever a new device is found or removed, the callback is triggered.

I have two options:

1. The callback stores service arrival/departure in a global state (in
C, with mutex) and when the browser coroutine resumes, the browser
checks for data in this list (with a call in C).

2. The callback waits for a lock release on the LuaState and calls a
Lua function (that serves as a callback). This probably implies that I
have to compile Lua with lua_lock defined and find a way for Lua to
release the lock at some regular interval.

What is the best way to handle this ?

Thanks for your advice...

Gaspard