On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 16:11, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>    $ lua -e 'print(...)' 1 2 3
>
>> The basic problem is that the program arguments are not available using -e
>
>> It would be relatively easy to write your own Lua launcher which would
>> have exactly the properties you desire ...
>
> I believe that the problem is generic enough to be solved in the
> standard Lua launcher.
>
> Alexander.

I used to have a patch to make the arglist available to "-e" in
lua.c... in age of Lua 5.0-beta. It was short and ugly, I ended up not
using it as much as I expected, and I abandoned it. I can make it
publically available if anyone is interested.

It just occurred to me that it would be much nicer to create a
separate option, "-E", say, that would run like "-e" but making the
args available in an array, or in "...", or both...

  Eduardo Ochs
  eduardoochs@gmail.com
  http://angg.twu