On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 13:10, Andre Carregal <carregal@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't remember seeing this article mentioned on the list, but I
> think it may be of interest or at least food for thought. :o)
>
> Ranking the popularity of programming languages (Drew Conway and John Myles)
> http://www.dataists.com/2010/12/ranking-the-popularity-of-programming-langauges/
>
> André

Interesting, indeed. BTW, a rather small "r-value" of 0.78 suggests
that the *linear* correlation among
# of questions on StackOverflow and # of projects on GitHub is not
that great. A way to improve it would be to consider alternative
parametrizations. For examples, if the number of questions grow
quadratically or (God forbid) exponentially with the number of
projects, one might want to use sqrt or log scale for y-axis.

--Leo--